PCHAIN describes itself as a native multichain system with EVM support. It is designed to make large scale blockchain applications possible. The PCHAIN mainnet was launched on 30 Mar 2019.
PCHAIN was founded by a team that has reportedly published 100 IEEE ACM papers and international patents. PCHAIN claims to have been granted 6 patents. As of 1 Apr 2019, the PCHAIN team is based in Singapore, Shanghai, State of Qatar & Silicon Valley. It has 70K+ followers in Bihu (a Chinese social platform ) and 60K+ followers in Telegram from nearly one hundred countries.
PCHAIN has reportedly received strategic investments from global funds such as FBG, Plug&Play, LD Capital, JRR, Genesis, Bixin and LinkVC,etc. PCHAIN also received the Silicon Valley’s“Most Promising Blockchain Foundation Platform 2018”award and was hailed as the“Best Blockchain Platform in 2018” by Bitcoinist. PCHAIN has board collaboration with over 30 blockchain partners such as North America Blockchain Association, IEEE, CFLP, etc.
Key features include:
- Native EVM multichain that enables the interoperability of child chain and main chain. It can reportedly support 256+ child chains in testnet 1.0 with 1064 nodes globally. The project claims that the network supports 126K TPS and can be scaled linearly as the number of child chains increases.
- Patented PDBFT algorithm that combines VRF+BLS+BFT is reportedly able to support more nodes than traditional PBFT algorithms.
- Oracle mechanism based on the knowledge graph reportedly makes it easier to encapsulate smart contracts – W3C compliant smart data addresses the issue of non-intelligence in smart contracts
- Safe Delegation and Blind Bidding that reportedly enables a fair and secure validator election during epoch switches.
- Cross-chain capability. The smart contracts of PCHAIN can purportedly be invoked with other non-native tokens (BCH, ERC20) by using the provided toolkit.
How do I buy cryptocurrency?
While some cryptocurrencies, including bitcoin, are available for purchase with U.S. dollars, others require that you pay with bitcoin or another cryptocurrency.
To buy cryptocurrencies, you’ll need a “wallet,” an online app that can hold your currency. Generally, you create an account on an exchange, and then you can transfer real money to buy cryptocurrencies such as bitcoin or ethereum.
Coinbase is one popular cryptocurrency trading exchange where you can create both a wallet and buy and sell bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.